There are SO many things I wanted to do this weekend, but today I’ve just sat around on my behind and done nothing. Well, I’ve been on the internet for most of the day and I’m no more inspired than I was when I woke up this morning. I’ve now also got a headache.
So here is my list of to-dos for the bank holiday, before I forget about them completely and get Pin-dicted (adjective: physically and mentally dependent on Pinterest, and unable to stop looking at it without adverse effects.)
- Play the keyboard for the first time in too long. My boyfriend’s granddad sadly passed away earlier this year and has left us his keyboard. It sounds lovely, and I’ve not played in so long. It would be really nice to have some time to try and remember how to play again.
- Hoover my car. Eurgh crumbs. Where we live, there isn’t really a suitable place to put my car so that the hoover can be plugged in at the bottom of the stairs, so I can hoover my car out. I have my MOT on Saturday, and I’m a bit of a snob. Besides it really needs doing. Something is growing in the back seat and it scares me *car gremlin*.
- Personal information page for my Filofax pocket – to co-ordinate with my new dividers =) the colours make me so happy. I’ve not yet filled the personal information page out, so I’m going to make my own/customise the Filofax one.
- Play guitar. See point 1. I get to play every now and again, but don’t do it enough. The internet ruins who we have made ourselves into.
- Set up the Kinect so I can start doing yoga. I keep saying I have Christmas podge left. It’s nearly April. Truth is, I just love food, but I have to start exercising, I’m becoming such a couch potato.
- Sort out my home Filofax. I set this up a few weeks ago, and have just left it. The point of it is to have all our household information and so far it’s pointless and useless. Time to make it worth something.
- Make a carrot cake. My boyfriend loves my carrot cake, even though I’ve only made it once before. We’re having people round for dinner tomorrow night and need a dessert so I’ll make it then. Baking is good, except for when I get frustrated and throw things around the kitchen…
- Find a miracle way to clean the sodding bathroom. I was almost driven to tears today. We live in a hard water area, so the shower unfortunately accumulates a lot of orange ‘gunk’, if you will. I try scrubbing but it comes back, I look at my efforts when I think I’m finished and it somehow looks worse… it’s not the first time I’ve cried at the sight of a bathroom. Remember those horrible avocado suites people used to have in the ’70s?
Anyway, long story short, I need to get things done. I’ll let you know if any of the above actually gets completed, or if I spend the weekend in my pyjamas.
Goodnight, Laura Jane xx